Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Veni, Vidi, Vici, Madison, WI

Miles Driven: 107 - September 6th, 2010 Lake Zurich, IL to Madison, WI
Total Miles: 1275.7
Camping Fees: $0

I came, I saw, and I went, is very true in regards to Madison, WI.  Before I drove into the city you notice all of the lakes in the state.  Little lakes, unlike Lake Michigan from whence I came.  Madison, WI the capital of the state is a stark contrast to Illinois’s state capital of Chicago.  Madison does not have any sky scrapers nor a subway system.  Madison is a college town, Chicago is a business town.  Upon heading to the city center you notice people, young adults, running everywhere.  Madison is home to the University of Wisconsin.  Madison is also a bicycle friendly city.  On most, if not all of the roads there are bike lanes.  And to prove this was not a waste of tax payers money there were many people, students mostly using those lanes.

State Building Madison, WI
Driving around the city of Madison I felt relaxed, unlike that of Chicago.  No one seemed to be rushing anywhere, except for the joggers.  There is a huge state capital, surrounded by other gray granite public buildings.  I particularly liked the state building office.  The day was warm but over cast with light rain throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment