Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Night in the Windy City


Miles Driven: 41.7 -  September 5th, 2010 Chicago, IL to Lake Zurich, IL
Total Miles: 1168.7
Camping Fees $0

Having spent the day in the sun on foot, it was a pleasure driving around the city at night although navigating between the skyscrapers at times was difficult.  Penelope (GPS) at times had pinned me as being in the Chicago river.
Below the Sears Town, Chicago, IL
Windy City at Night Chicago, IL
After a long day and part of the night I left the city and headed to my next destination, Madison, WI.  Knowing the drive was about 100 miles away and there would not be a camp ground anywhere near or around Chicago, I opted to drive out to Lake Zurich and find a Wal-Mart.  I pulled into the parking lot about 11pm.  The night air was cool as I prepared my car for yet another day of sleeping in.

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures. The Sears Town one is fab.

    ReplyDelete