Sunday, September 5, 2010

Indiana State Park, IN

Miles Driven: 336.1 - September 3rd  Mammoth Cave Park KY to Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, IN
Total Miles: 1050.6
Camping Fees: $0
Entrance Fee: $10.00

Spent the day at Indiana State Park on Lake Michigan today.  Fabulous day, sunny with temperatures around 80 degrees and very blustery.  Swimming was not permitted due to the rip tides.  So I ambled around the shore line with my feet in the water.  Later in the day I sat in my camp chair and read my book and people watched.
Right Foot in Sand, Indiana State Park, IN

Dino Reading Book, Indiana State Park, IN

You could see Chicago off in the distance, my destination on Sunday, September 5th.  As the sun was being to set, I retrieved my camera and tripod out of the car and started to take pictures.  It is funny very how a tripod gives the impression of a professional at work.  I am hardly a professional photographer, amateur at best.  But having the tripod makes for good conversation and this I am really good at.  No, I'm not with a paper or news crew, just here and vacation.  Doing a cross country road trip.  Funny how many people are so jealous of the idea.


Chicago in the far ground, Lake Michigan in the middle and Indiana State Park in the foreground, IN

Time to find a camp ground after the sun had set.  Penelope gave me several camp grounds to chose from.   I called several before I found space.  I headed for Joliet, Il just outside of Chicago.  Never did find the place.  Not sure if it was me or Penelope.  So after driving around for 30 minutes I headed to the nearest Wal-Mart parking lot, again.  This happened to be a Sam’s Club, same company though.

.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of Chicago across the lake. I can't believe that's Lake Michigan! It looks like the ocean!

    Trip sounds great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly does Anne. Glad you like the photo, it was the best of many taken.

    ReplyDelete